Paid Parental Leave Act 2010
The Commonwealth Government's Paid Parental Leave Act 2010 allows eligible employees to access Paid Parental Leave ('PPL'). Although PPL payments are funded by the Commonwealth Government, you will be responsible for passing on the payments to your eligible employees.
Employees must meet certain eligibility criteria in order to access PPL. An employee will only be eligible for PPL if he or she meets all of the five criteria.
Workforce Guardian's online HR system and support service includes information and resources to help you manage your compliance obligations under the Paid Parental Leave Act 2010. Features include:
- Download: Paid Parental Leave Process Flowchart
- Plain english information about: What is the entitlement?
- Plain english information about: Five criteria for determining PPL Eligibility
- Plain english information about: How to perform 'The Work Test
- Download: Paid Parental Leave Policy
We can also help if you need to
- have your current contracts or existing parental leave policies amended
- obtain guidance on how to respond to requests that the minimum payments be topped up to an employee's actual salary
- review whether current paid parental leave schemes under a workplace agreement need to be amended or renegotiated